Entry during the program of study
Results of admissions during the course of studies
Candidates currently studying must have obtained the baccalauréat or an equivalent diploma and validated two years of higher education in any field, i.e. a minimum of 120 ECTS.
Candidates must have completed two years of higher education by the date they register for the exams. These two years may have been completed in the same course or in two different courses.
Exceptional case :
Candidates enrolled in a two-year diploma course (BTS, DUT, DEUST, BTMS, BM, DMA) may register for the examination during their studies, provided that they have validated their diploma by 1 September of the current year at the latest.
Candidates may apply for the year higher than the one in which they are currently enrolled, subject to validation before the start of the 2023-2024 academic year.
The year of admission will be determined by the jury on the basis of the artistic file.
The choice of year of study on the OASIS platform is made by the jury on the basis of the candidate's level of study. The jury has full discretion as to the year in which the candidate is assigned.
Credits will be recognised in the following cases if they have been obtained:
In France as part of a course of study:
- Either in a public institution of higher learning
- Or in a private higher education institution, provided that this institution has been recognized by the State (approval number to be attached to your file) or that the course of study followed by the candidate in this institution is sanctioned by a title registered in the National Register of Professional Certifications (RNCP)
- Or in a Member State of the European Union or the European Economic Area, the Swiss Confederation, Monaco or Andorra.
Diplomas and credits obtained outside the European Higher Education Area will be checked for comparability with French diplomas and European credits.
Documents written in a language other than French must be accompanied by an official certified translation into French.
Applicants who do not meet these criteria may include a request for an exemption in their application, provided that they can prove at least 24 months' qualified professional experience. Applications must be sent by post before 31 January 2024.
For foreign applicants, a B2 level in French is strongly recommended.
Candidates must pre-register on the OASIS platform between 17 January 2024 and 20 February 2024 at 17:00 French time. The link will be posted on this page at the beginning of January.
There are two stages to the application process:
- Creation and validation of the administrative file.
The application must include the following documents:
- An identity document (identity card or passport)
- A copy of the baccalauréat or equivalent
- A certificate of successful completion of 2 years of higher education (120 ECTS), or a certificate of enrolment in the 3rd year of a bachelor's degree or a certificate of enrolment in the 2nd year of the 2-year degree courses mentioned above.
- For scholarship applicants: final notification of scholarship 2023-2024
For applicants who do not meet the application conditions, a CV and a request for exemption (attesting to professional experience of more than 24 months).
It is not possible to apply for several admission levels at the same time. Similarly, it is not possible to apply during the course of studies or in the 1st year.
Application fee: 53 euros payable online only via OASIS.
Please note: exemption from entrance exam fees for scholarship holders and students with refugee status (proof required).
Competition fees are non-refundable in the event of non-admission, non-admissibility, withdrawal or for any application that does not meet the eligibility conditions.
- Submitting the artistic file
Once the registration fee has been paid and the administrative documents have been validated, candidates must submit their artistic file on the OASIS platform (from 17 January to 22 February 2024).
The artistic file is in PDF format only and consists of a single document (maximum size 20 MB). Candidates may, if they wish, add one or two video files in MP4 format (playback time limited to 2 minutes).
- From 6 March to 27 March 2024: examination of the online artistic entries by the eligibility jury
- Tuesday 2 April: eligibility results sent individually by email
- From 29 April to 3 May: on-site interviews with the jury for eligible candidates (by invitation)
- Thursday 30 May from 5pm: admission results online at beauxartsparis.fr
If you have any questions, please consult the FAQ or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Special arrangements for candidates with disabilities:
If you require special arrangements for your exams, please contact Edwige Olvrat, in charge of student life (email@example.com) so that she can send you the relevant documents.